Tomorrow we travel to the Special Children's Center in Hudson, WI for some evaluations of Thomas. He'll see a physical therapist, occupational therapist, and a speech therapist. What we're hoping for is some 'objective' ideas of what makes Thomas tick and what we can do to make life a little easier for and with him. Everyone here in our area is wonderful, but I think it's time to get that outside opinion.
I'm actually looking forward to the trip itself. It's been a long time since I was in that area. We'll be talking with Thomas a little bit tonight so he knows he'll be seeing new people. He needs that prep. We had to tell him this morning that our dog woul be staying at the kennel while we're gone. Thank goodness Grandpa remembered that (and he remembers so little, so that's a big deal).
I'm looking forward to the time with Thomas too. Even though alot of it will be spent in the car, we've got a better chance of having his attention.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment