Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mr. Sensory Integration gets his hair cut!!!

A week ago, Thomas looked like a shaggy dog, with hair almost to his shoulders, and we couldn't see his gorgeous blue eyes. Then we bribed him. Yes...bribed him. Terrible parents. We told him if he would get his hair cut super short, we would buy him a toy he's been looking at for the last two months. We explained what "short" meant. We explained he'd have to sit quietly for a few minutes. We did all the usual stuff. We really didn't expect a short haircut. We would have still gotten something for him if he was able to get any of it cut, just not as pricey as his wish.

When we got to the stylist, I told her that he needed to be shown everything, and told whatever she'd be doing. She asked about the buzzer clippers and I thought "yeah, right." I just told her let him see them first and let HIM decide. He actually giggled and said it tickled, and was VERY cooperative. I nearly cried as huge amounts of hair went falling onto the floor. Every time the woman sprayed his hair, he would ask (loudly) "HEY! Do I smell DUMB???" We couldn't figure out the reason behind that question.




THIS is what the result was. Needless to say, we are extremely happy with it. Even after a week of short hair, he still feels the back and will ask "Hey, what happened to my hair?" I had to email a picture to his teachers before he had to go back to school. I didn't want to be responsible for any heart attacks.

No comments: