Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ridiculous Laws

I'm way behind in what some of the new laws are/will be, but I found out about this one today:
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-thrift2-2009jan02,0,2083247.story

After you read it, come back and read the rest of my thoughts...
.
.
.
.
.
done?

What were our leaders thinking when this law was passed? I'm sure they were thinking of the safety of our children. Great.
But, who is going to be appointed as the lead-police in a thrift shop, small business, etc? There are people who make baby bibs as a hobby and sell them. Will they no longer be able to do this? Or, the ones who make quilts for needy people? Will THEY be held liable if they don't get the quilts tested for lead????
The law is for anything used by a person under 12. Hmmmm. There are alot of things out there that may be geared for the over 12 crowd, but some 10 year olds are pretty crafty.

I don't know. I'm just thinking that the lawmakers need to rethink this law. Like I said, the INTENT is fine. The end result could end up hurting a LOT of good people.

No comments: