We received the CD's and headphones that will allow us to do the "booster shot" of auditory therapy, at home, for 4 to 5 weeks. We'll be starting on July 31, the day after the last day of Head Start. In the meantime, we're doing what we can to keep his sensory diet going strong. We're patiently waiting for the body sock to arrive.
We've noticed a lot of math related things with Thomas. It was cute when I told him he had 15 minutes before bedtime. He held up his hands and one foot, and asked "This many????" He's also doing some adding/subtracting in the practical sense. We tend us use "we have to go to bed this many more times before we...." He's able to connect that after we go to bed tonight, we'll have one less time to go to bed before....
That whole exercise has been very important in the last few days. We're planning another trip to the waterpark in Duluth, and he is super excited about it. One thing adding to the excitement is that we'll be meeting up with friends that he hasn't seen in almost a year. Should be lots of fun for us all.
We recently started an increase in his nighttimes meds. I think it's made an improvement, but I really think the sensory things will make those improvements more noticeable and sustaining.
We'll have the month of August with no school for Thomas. I don't look forward to future years of THREE months of no school. That is not just because of FASD. This is just how I am!
And just for the "halibut," I'm including a picture....This was taken yesterday, JULY 16. Notice the winter jacket and shorts/sandal combo.

2 comments:
It sounds like you are making good progress! I love the picture. So typical.
I also liked your post referring to the FASD ad campaing. I'd not seen it before. I don't notice a lot of "awareness" down here in Texas.
What I didn't say about the picture is that he was actually dressed appropriately for the day. It didn't reach 60, and we're right on Lake Superior. It happened to be a very windy, chilly day.
MN is light years ahead of things when it comes to public awareness (I think so anyway). That ad campaign was primarily in MN I believe.
And....more important...thanks for stopping by :-)
Post a Comment