Thursday, May 7, 2009

The last 2 days without Tues/Wed PCW, and more

Don't tell the home health agency, but we managed to do okay the last two days without a PCW present. WE, being all three of us. Because the weather cooperated yesterday, we were able to just stay outside and keep busy.

Since the PCW didn't come over to say goodbye to Thomas like we requested (and was told it would happen), I told him yesterday that she won't be back. He gave a YES that really sounded odd, even from him. That was his reaction. End of story. I didn't tell him why; he doesn't need to know that. I'm concerned that he might be thinking he got his way. I honestly think the conflict between them was because she was consistent and didn't let him get away with much. He didn't like that. That's not to say he intentionally had meltdowns. I know those weren't intentional. It's not something he enjoyed.

And now, for a drum roll in honor of Thomas and his developmental milestones......
.
.
.
.
.
.
he wore underpants all day at school each day so far this week. This morning was the first time I could convince him to wear them TO school instead of diapers. Of course, there had to be something "in it" for him, so when he gets home from school, there will be some sort of treat. I have no clue what it will be yet, but it motivated him. My motto is "Whatever works," bribe or not.

No comments: