Yesterday was a pretty good day with Thomas.
He was outside for a bit, being sprayed with the water hose. Can you say "COLD HANDS?" We had a cookout at a family relative's place. We brought everything except the porch to put the grill on. We intended to keep it small, so it wouldn't overwhelm Thomas. The original plan was for 7 people, but ended up about 12. He doesn't know six of the 12 people, so we were pleased at how well he did. He and I walked around a little bit. He played on a small playground set. We had to leave a little early though, because he shifted gears on the behavior scale. Someone had used their knife to cut steak and put it on the table, forgetting that there was a six year old present. He got mad when that got taken away. Then, he went after a ball of yarn the same person was working with, and proceeded to unwind it. Then, he took her glasses and ran around. He was in between the talking to stage and the beyond talking to stage, so I just had him gather his stuff and we left. I explained to him all the social graces stuff (in 5 words or less). When got home, he was still a little wound up, but he was able stay 'on target' for the rest of the evening.
He really did do well. I would venture to guess this was much more typical of a 6 yr old anyway. I like those days.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment